The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

christianity

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

christianity - Page 2 Empty Re: christianity

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:54 am

when hell was first mentioned Sheol was the garbage dump outside the city which smoldered and sometime later Hell as mainline Christians define it was crafted and honed into the meaning we have today. The main line Christians believe in the all male trinity which in nature is impossible. The mainline folks believe adam and eve had two sons and then out of no where one of them finds a woman cain and marries them. That is why science is making shows on Tv debunking the "faith". as Gnostic doesn't have to believe in Christ. a gnostic seeks truth. a gnostic who believes in Christ can call him/her self gnostic christian because maybe they don't believe in all of Christianity as is taught mainline because they take what they want and leave the rest of the made up kool-aid folks have been 'drinking in faith" for centuries because they discern the truth.
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:55 am

you can be gnostic i repeat and not believe in christ.
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:48 am

I just wanted to add
that when you've got children
it's actually a really good
social lesson to be part
of a "divine" group - it
opens the mind, heart, body
to socializing. Again, there are
extremes and I believe it's individuals
at first and others that don't think differently
than that that go along with whatever until
there appears to be something not accepatble
- then they drop away from that individual.
Surely, there are those that created a world of
Christianity of their own and only alot of folks
belong to a "mainline" group is because the
organizers got around more and folks haven't
thought differently about it. Folks have to find
their heart and if they never do they may not
live long because they aren't themselves or
they just spread the same ol' way of thought.

Transformation, Transcendence, and any Change
within and about the outer self takes time. How
hard one makes it for themselves is the personal
journey. It's best just to find those who think along
the lines you do and minor differences are tolerated.

Are there extreme groups that form, formed, or exist - Yes.
It takes very special folks to go up against extremists. I have
to say investigations of a group can only make them stronger
if no group problems arise. Individuals on the other hand
should, basically, be responsible for their own actions. Yes,
groups can be brought down by an individuals actions associated
with that group. Truth is what do we really know about Jesus
except what we are told - here, everyone is going to have their
own journey's expereince...here, following is always going to be a
personal choice. It's very hard when labels are used to define you.
Lets not forget that some leaders of groups hide behind labels to
keep their personal "control" over a bunch of folks. Isn't that an
age ol' way of thinking....lol. Get rid of one or another leader so
that the Other can be in some kind of control. Here comes Greed....
The United States of America is supposed to allow "Freedom of Religion"
under law but if questionable will be investigated and usually is anyway
because "Intelligence" is supposed to know what is going on in their country. Either groups are out with it - meaning what they are about - or
someone in the form of investigator gets the info from whatever sources.

Anyway.....

Listen, my dictionary
has 14 words having to do with "Christ"
but not even one word related to "gnostic"
it's the Paperback Merriam-Webster Dictionary 1997
So, I would say there is some control going on in that dictionary

As children get older they tend to do what they need to survive
and that sometimes means they break away to find who they are and what
they really need to survive. This even includes, the women and men
who break away from marriages because they can not live with someone
who isn't really compatiable to their way of thought - it hurts so much - and maybe
it's not allowed to speak of the differences. Say what you will about loud-mouthed
Americans (so called information givers) but it's an ounce of prevention that is worth a pound of cure.

God Bless Us All...Everyone
I know I'm corny...
but it's good Hiding
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

James my brother you are so right.
I enjoy all the in put I think it is very interesting the different views on the same topic. This is what sharing is about.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:58 pm

samijo wrote:IN2: that wasnt what I was questioning at all. The question is!
Christianity....not Gnosticism at all.
It is the Christianity meaning...it doesnt go with the beliefs of gnosticism. You see?

Yeah, but what i was also trying to say that even though gnostic and christain when viewed as seperate words can mean something different in pure definition.. When put together then can totally translate to something else.

So i was trying to say that: Gnostic= seeker of truth and true knowledge. Sylvia was the one i believe who coined the phrase "Gnostic Christain". Christianity itself may not go with the beliefs of Gnosticism, but indeed Gnosticism can go with the beliefs and teachings of Christianity, and well as Buddahism, Hinduism, Islamic, and so on and so forth. We, as Gnostics can find truth and spiritual love in all holy books and scripture around the world, but we do not follow dogmatic rules and superstitions tradiions many of those religions may hold true.

There have already been some good examples of why we call it "Gnostic Christianity", but its my belief that it can be called Gnostic Christianity/ place any religion here.

Even if we call ourselves Gnostic Christians, it doesnt even neccessarily mean that we just learn from the teachings of Christ.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 pm

ok IN2 christianity is to believe that christ died on the cross and that he assended in to heaven. and that he died for our sins. among other things and that doesnt go with gnostic belief of what happened to christ. maybe it is just me that doesnt see how they can even go together. i dont believe that you can have gnostic christians. I guess we have to agree to disagree. I do not think that you can put those two together expecially when you say gnosticism is not dogmatic...because we know that other religions are.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 pm

But I still think that a Gnostic Christian can take on a new meaning, with those 2 words put together. And as for me, im not really bothered by it, since the true teachings of Christ, and along with the long lost gospels of Thomas, of Mary Magdalene coming out, we are really getting down to what true Christianity is really about. To me that is the true Christianity, its how Christ would have wanted it, and when you look at it that way, then Christianity loses more of its past dogma, and false leaders and false everything. So i can proudly say im a Gnostic Christian, because i follow the true un-dogmatic teachings of Christ. I really do think that we agree with more things than you can imagine, but this is the way i interpret this as of right now.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:07 am

Ok:
Now this is going to be the words of Sylvia Browne, the belief of The Society of Novus Spiritus.

What does "Christian" mean?
Simply put, "Christian" means someone who believes in the teachings of Christ. Novus Spiritus is a Christian faith which goes beyond traditional lines. We advocate a return to the simplicity of Christ's teachngs, which are to basically love the one God and love earch other. Novus also believes that knowledge will bring you closer to God, where faith alone may not be sufficient . We are contemporary Gnostics, which means "advocates of knowledge."

What should "Chistian" mean?
"Christian" should mean one who follow the teachings of Christ, and one who actually lives those teachings. His message was of love, mercy, kindness, and forgiveness. Christ told us of a loving God, and that we should reject the image of a fearsome and petty God. Please not that any faith can be Christian in their teachings.

This is a quote out of Novus Spiritus Questions and Answers..about life. by sylvia browne.
The reason I wrote this to bring Novus philosophy into this discussion. Even though this is the philosophy of one doesnt mean that we do not stop with our own seeking and truth findings. I believe that we are all individuals for a reason. I do believe in the philosophy of Novus (mostly) but this doesn't mean I will never wonder about things such as Christianity and the such. This is what I want all of you to do as well, never stop seeking to find your own truths. Sylvia would not want you do to it as well, I am sure of that. Sylvia has opened the door for us all to not be afraid to open the door and seek for those answers. To have a discussion like this is what it is all about. This is the light and the way. Thank you for participating in this discussion all of you. Love and Light.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Heart 2 + Rudolph = LOL...just joking
have a smilie day, ok...

Last edited by d-knots on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:49 pm

I know, i just want to say that i agree with most of what your saying Sami, i just think that of course, certain things resonate deeper than others. And i appreciate this thread, and that it helped us more get to and articulate the core of our beliefs and re-affirm some of our core beliefs. So i say, amen to this thread, that is all. Tip My Hat
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:37 am