The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group

+2
in2wish4everpeace
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group Empty Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group

Post by Admin Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:53 pm

This idea came to me this evening, and I thought that I would share it with you.
I realized that there are some members who aren't that just starting to learn about Gnosticism, Sylvia's teachings, Father and Mother God, Guides, Angels, The Other Side, etc. Plus, for most of us--which I think everyone would include themselves in this category--there's still A LOT that we don't know. (Hence the basis for Gnosticism.)

So, I thought that it would be a good idea to conduct weekly discussions (or as frequently as you guys want to) to help share the knowledge that we have gained, answer any questions that others may have (to the best of our abilities and knowledge), and discuss any and differences or misunderstandings we may have about certain subjects. *(Please understand that I am NOT saying that anyone's beliefs are incorrect or "wrong" here. An example of what I mean, would be more like: "I thought there were only 3 different types of angels?" or "Our spirit guides have incarnated before?")

I thought that since we have so many members who are members of official study groups, and have access to the appropriate materials from Novus, that they could be are "guides," and help us maintain the correct knowledge and information with regards to Novus and Sylvia's orgization. But, as far as any "materails" we would need, I think that we have a TON of info to cover simply based on Sylvia's published books, which the majority of us have access to, as well as, are able to help others gain access to them.

In fact, if there are any members who feel that they have a more sound or better understanding of a certain topic, please PM me, or we can even cast ballets to see who we--as a group--feel would help us benefit the most from a certain subject/aspect. (i.e.: Psi for Angels, Sami for Mother God, In2 for Spirit Guides, etc.)

I think that by doing this, we're really going to be able to help each other learn more, understand better, and help each other grow more spiritually.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group Empty Re: Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group

Post by in2wish4everpeace Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:19 pm

Ya, if anyone has questions about gnosticism, ill try my best to answer, its all about what resonates with you.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group Empty Re: Weekly Discussion: Online Study Group

Post by Love2Smile Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:46 pm

This sounds like a very good idea..I'm in...

BIG HUGS!!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat
Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:58 pm

I thought that specific "Online Study Groups" of any kind are strictly forbidden by N.S. ?

Now at the same time I see what you mean about a weekly discussion, which essentially is something completely different. But it seems you are aiming at specified topics for discussion, (Angels, S.G., etc) and I thought there were threads for that already?

Not trying to be a stick in the mudd, it just seems like repetition of whats already been started here is all, imo.

And wouldnt something like this be useful in the "Members Only Section" as part of an intro to new members or an easy reference source for exsisting members??

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 pm

someone is always thinking in this forum aren't they? lol

BIG HUGS!!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm

If you want to move this to the Members Only section, we can do that. Whatever works best for you guys.

As far as repetition, I can understand why you would think that, but what I really hope to accomplish with this, comes from a situation that happened the other day. A friend of mine and I had dinner the other night, and she was asking me questions about Sylvia's teachings and Gnosticism, which I tried to answer to the best of my knowledge, and it got me thinking that how many people are out there, who are just starting to learn about Gnosticism, and don't really have a lot of access to info or others who have slightly more knowledge regarding our spirituality.

Besides, I thought it would be a great place to post questions that others had, and we all help by answering those questions. Also, one of the most annoying things for me, is when I was younger, if I questioned anything about being a Baptist, my parents and preacher always told me, "Don't question God, Doubting Thomas!" And I was never satisfied with that answer. And now, with being able to believe in a spirituality that requires questioning, I merely want to help any and all that I can by "seeking, and ye shall find."
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:32 pm

This sounds like an awsome idea!! And you know I always have questions!!!

Thanks a Bunch!
Angie
Casper
Casper

Libra Cat
Joined date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:37 pm

As a Novitate and Liaison for The Society of Novus Spiritus! I have been told several times from the office : There can not be a on line study group...question and answers of the teaching of the JOS books. Novus does not allow it. They feel that it isnt fair for those that pay money to get the JOS books, the moneys for those books supports the church. If people could just go on line and learn about the teachings then there would be no support to the church. Two Cents (I am sorry but I will not be able to participate in it.)
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 pm

I don't think the intention is to use JOS books at all!
but, since it wasn't my idea I can't really say.
Of course you have to do what you feel comfortable with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:11 pm

Sami, I understand and appreciate that Novus doesn't want us to discuss the info from the JOS books, which is why I didn't want to use them. The only works of Sylvia's would be her published books that are available at bookstores. I don't want to violate any of Novus's wishes regarding the JOS books. I would want to discuss the information from books like Mystical Traveler, Temples on the Other Side, Spiritual Connections, The Mystical Life of Jesus, Father God, Mother God, etc. I know that there are lots of questions that many of us have, just based on what we've read in these books, and involving the JOS books would be too much to handle for some of us.

Psi, thanks for helping me clarify the intent behind this thread. Hug

And Sami, I truly appreicate your opinion and point of view on violating the wishes of Novus. And I would never ask that knowingly.

Hug 2

Big Group Hug
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:10 am

Thank you both!
I do believe that another thing of concern is that things get misconstrewed in the philosophy, I believe this is why Sylvia has liaisons to help with the true meaning of the philosophy. Of course, we can all read the same book and get a different meaning from what we read, not necessarily was what the author meant. So, as a novitate I believe thats why we studied these books so that we get the correct meaning of what was meant.
I think a book discussion is wonderful.
I am sorry if I came across as a prude or anything like that. I am just appointed to look out for Sylvias wishes. I know that these people here on this site has nothing but complete love for her. I would never think other wise. ok! With this being clarified what you were talking about I dont see how anyone would go against what you have planned. Gods Speed! lov ya all....
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:40 pm

I know that these people here on this site has nothing but complete love for her
I would qualify that to "most people"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:29 pm

well I am open to a book discussion..I say let's do it!!! Of course nothing that violates Novus terms..

Let's discuss...lol
BIG HUGS!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:35 am

I couldn't agree with you more Sami. And if I thought at any moment we were violating any wishes of Sylvia or Novus, Psi and I would nip that in the bud faster than a fart in a windstorm. You know that you are always welcome to contact me regarding anything of that nature. Hug 2

As for these discussions, I shouldn't have stated it as an "Online Study Group" which gave the impression that we should discuss JOS books. I guess a better name for what I have in mind, would be an "Online Spiritual Tutoring Program" which would enable all of our members--as well as any guest/visitor--the chance to learn about Gnosticism, Sylvia's teachings, and our spiritual beliefs.

Also, I felt that by breaking down the subjects of Angels, Spirit Guides, Spirits, Father God, Mother God, etc. that it would be easier to discuss, rather than "Well, what do you guys think of Adventures of a Psychic?" Being that each book seems to give us more information regarding these subjects, I felt that it would be best to discuss Charts, Angels, God, Jesus, etc rather than Temples on the Other Side, Book of Angels, The Other Side and Back, etc.

This way, if we're discussing Father God, we can use that book, as well as, The Mystical Life of Jesus, The Two Marys, Temples on TOS, etc, to help us all understand God better.

I hope I'm making sense.
Thinking
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 am

That does make scense...It's all in the wording Adam...lol

BIG HUGS!!!

STacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 am

Yes it would be like a book club with Sylvias books that are on sale in the stores. I believe that would be wonderful.
I have been interested in writing books and so I have been watching shows about that topic, anyway, the authors make an interesting point that once they write the book and publish it and someone reads it ..that book becomes theirs to make of it as the will.
We read many books and our take on them are so different. I guess that comes with the free will to think for our selves.
I would love to discuss books of sylvia's that I have read. I have read most of them or I have them on my to read shelf in my library. lol study
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down