The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia...

+2
irisheyes
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia... Empty Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia...

Post by Admin Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 pm

These are the quotes that I've read or heard her say, that I've actually written down, because they bring me comfort and a new sense of strength when I pull them out, and read em.

[About Judging Ourselves and Others]
1. "Stop with this 'God judges you! YOU judge you!' The minute you start in with that God's a mean, hateful, jealous God, you're gonna make yourself sick."

2. "I truly believe that the only judgment we go through, is when we judge ourselves on the Other Side."

[Our Charts]
3. "Please stop with this abuse crap, will you? I was an abused child, my mother tried to burn my foot off when I was three...No, it's alright. It's still there. We're sorry for you, we feel bad, but you wrote the damn thing, now get over it!"

4. "I think I wrote down everything I didn't want to do on the left column, and everything I wanted to do on the right column, and somehow it got screwed up when I wrote my chart!"

5. EDIT: Removed

6. "You charted it, but you say, 'Oh, I couldn't have charted this to happen to me, I'd rather blame God.' No you wouldn't. You were the idiot that charted this."

[Dogma]
7. "I think that's where Religion has failed so many of us, because Religion put us all in a pot, and stirred us up, and said, 'If you eat meat on Friday, and die on Saturday, you'll got to hell.' And then what happened after they changed that, we all said, 'Come on, we can eat meat again, it's okay! Come on!' It worries me a lot..."

8. "There Aramaic definition of the word 'sin' simply meant, 'missing the intended mark.'"

9. "Jesus wasn't a Christian, what did he go around, praying to himself? Of course not! Christ was a gnostic--actually, he was an Essene."

10. "Christ went to the Garden of Gesseminie, and said, 'Please, let me out of this.' And what did God say back...? We don't know the exact words, but we know He said, 'NO! You wrote, now go do it.'"

[Humorous]
11. [A New-Age Guru in L.A.] "I have this friend, who was telling me, that 'he looks bloated.' So, you know--you wanna ask--I said, 'Okay, why?' She said, 'Well there's been flooding in the Mid-east, and he flew over and absorbed all the water.' I said, 'Okay, well now there's fires in California, why doesn't he fly his fat ass over, and put the fires out, doesn't that make sense?'"

12. [On Montel: Response to Cynical Skeptics] Montel: "I got this letter from this guy--and I'll never forget it--he said, 'I used to like you, but now you got this so-called psychic on your show, and blah, blah, blah...Sylvia, what do you say to people like that?"
Sylvia: "Kiss off!"

13. [People Talking To Their Loved Ones Graves] "I had this lady, the other day, who told me that she knew for a fact that her husband was happy where he was buried, and she was going to move him. I asked her, 'Did you go over, and yell down at the ground, and ask him? He's not there, will you stop with this?' How sad would that be...'Hello? Are you alright down there? Are there any bugs? Do you want a sandwich?'"

14. [Caskets and Burial Ceremonies] "One of my biggest pet-peeves is funerals, and an even bigger peeve, is caskets--waterproof caskets. Cause you know, you don't wanna be all moldy down there. Or be going 'glug, glug.' My daughter-in-law [Paul's ex] put a cell phone in with her mother's body. I said, 'What are you gonna do when you get a call?'"

15. [Body Aches and Pains] "I asked my husband the other day, what is wrong with my feet...? 'Your weight, probably.' No! He didn't say that, I would have killed him! I would have!"

That's enough for now....

What are some of your favorites?

Last edited by Admin on Sat May 03, 2008 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia... Empty Re: Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia...

Post by irisheyes Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:00 am

My favorite is You have to be a friend to have a friend.
irisheyes
irisheyes

Sagittarius Posts : 64
Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia... Empty Re: Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia...

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:55 pm

5. "You charted it, so get over it!"

personally, I am tired of hearing this one Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabird37721 Tue May 06, 2008 6:56 pm

LOL I just love these... and psi this one really is funny... I can picture her saying it. lol
mamabird37721
mamabird37721

Aries Rat
Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticLass Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am

Couple of my favorites:

"God is always there...one breath away."

and (this one always makes me laugh)

"I said to my guide once, "Are you solid?" She said "Yes and you in human form are molecularly strung together loosely." Now the older you get, the more you know this is true. Because when you look at yourself in the mirror...naked...you begin to see life forms that you never saw before...things that you never saw and don't want to see again!" Watch Out
CelticLass
CelticLass

Aquarius Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia... Empty reading about Kindred Souls...

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Sylvia writes "Sometimes that instant familiarity is the springboard for another earthly relationship as friends, lovers and spouses, family members or business associates. Other times is should be the springboard for you to run like the wind, as far away as your legs will carry you." Really Confused Duh! LROF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:40 pm

My old philosophy teacher sworn that she has had me as a student before, and other people also recognize me too, but i dont get out much, so that would be impossible. I always think in my head,,past lives.....past lives..
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Some Of My Favorite Quotes From Sylvia... Empty Sylvia-nisms

Post by russgirl Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Maybe not a quote, but none the less one of my favorite short Sylvia stories.

She was sitting in a Wendy's drinking a cup of coffee, when a man decided to come by, smack her on the arm and said "Hey, what's my name?"

Sylvia replied, "Asshole".
russgirl
russgirl

Virgo Rat
Joined date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down