The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!! Empty GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Post by LargeWingSpan Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Talk about a Last Minute Louie here, but this week the whole voting issue really came to the surface for me!

I am going to vote tomorrow, as Georgia has early voting and I know I wont have the time come next Tuesday, plus the lines and wait times are near minimal or just completely non-existant during Pre-Voting vs Actual Election Day in my County.

Today I have been a dedicated 'student' and researching my candidates and issues to determine who or what I will choose on my ballot tomorrow.

I have been registered to Vote since I was 18, however for some reason, I never have. Maybe I wasnt mature enough yet in my own head I dont know. But I AM ready now and AM doing it!

PLEASE EVERYONE BE SURE TO VOTE NOVEMEBER 4TH!!!!!!!!!!! Or NOW if your area has early voting!!!!!!!
EXERCISE YOUR VOICE!!!!!! WHATEVER YOUR PREFERANCE IS, LET IT BE HEARD!!!!!!!!

LargeWingSpan

Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:18 pm

well alrighty then! LOL
I thought about you today, I was watching CNN and they had someone in Lawrenceville (which i was thinking was your town, but i remember it is someone else Wink ) waiting to vote talking to the anchors. looks like it might have only been a 2 hr wait Rolling Eyes

Clubbin i HOPE i can vote next week. last i heard the NAACP was suing the state of Va saying their isn't enough polling places etc and wants the federal goverment to come in a take over the election affraid affraid affraid
one more thing people are trying to screw up! OK if the most populous area is northern Va and we don't have any problems...why go screwing with it!! I am sure that the less populated areas aren't gonna have that much trouble.
anyways......
i will vote.........
sure someone might not like who i vote for....
but.....
OH WELL!!!
hope i make up my mind by then scratch

I also saw that Gov. Palin was in someone's home town in Ohio today...Whistle
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Lawrenceville isnt all that far from me really, but its actually closer to being in Atlanta than I am. There were parts of Clayton County (SW ATL) where waits were 10+ hours yesterday. So far in my county (North of ATL) wait times are seriously non existant, of course come next Tuesday you wont be able to get within a mile of the polling locations. Can only imagine the wait times will be that day! Shocked

Found out Today that Jackie and I are voting completely opposite, and when she found out she asked me WHY!? I decided a debate with my wife wasnt smart.......... Watch Out LROF

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:58 pm

LOL im gonna go and vote, and you probably know who.

I dont know if i can get the rest of my family to vote, California always votes democratic anyways, i guess that lowers the incentive to vote, i dunno though, its not like this is a battleground state. Sometimes i tell them to vote "just in case".

Ill also be voting on some important proposistions, voting no on 8 to keep gay marriage legal, or at least that is what i think it will do, can get confusing sometimes. Im also voting on this energy prop, and another one. I gotta go back and read back all of the voter info, but i think im gonna procrasinate on that, and cram it all in the day before the election tuesday.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:01 pm

maybe just futile Giggle
you know about my brother and sis ahem. sorry ...soon to be EX SIL.
mixing parties just doesn't work!

anyways...the % of eligble (sp--too tired ) that actually VOTE is appalling!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:07 am

I am registered to vote via mail...I sent mine in already....I am in....

BIG HUGS!!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:31 am

But you know just because California maybe democratic that still doesn't let folks off the hook to exercise that duty.. I guess maybe your family has always had the right to vote..... some of my ancestors didn't and I know there are folks who died not just in my family but the right to vote has been hard campaigned and won so tell them it is not something to take for granted.. They may need to read up on history to show that people's rights to vote can be taken away yes and In California.. Not to be fear mongering ; when the Japanese American's were interned in WWI I do not believe they could vote. Bigwing I'm glad you are voting and please remember always to do so.... everyone's voice needs to be heard. Oh and in2wish that is right no on 2 means the marriage as it stands for gays will remain.. There are factions in this country who keep trying to stop folks by intimidations etc so tell your people to vote and vote early.. I did and am glad I voted early
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 am

oh just to be clear my response about "it being futile" was in reply to LWS.. i didn't see that In2 posted after me.......

carry on..........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:26 pm

jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com wrote:But you know just because California maybe democratic that still doesn't let folks off the hook to exercise that duty.. I guess maybe your family has always had the right to vote..... some of my ancestors didn't and I know there are folks who died not just in my family but the right to vote has been hard campaigned and won so tell them it is not something to take for granted.. They may need to read up on history to show that people's rights to vote can be taken away yes and In California.. Not to be fear mongering ; when the Japanese American's were interned in WWI I do not believe they could vote. Bigwing I'm glad you are voting and please remember always to do so.... everyone's voice needs to be heard. Oh and in2wish that is right no on 2 means the marriage as it stands for gays will remain.. There are factions in this country who keep trying to stop folks by intimidations etc so tell your people to vote and vote early.. I did and am glad I voted early

Ya, they know the importance of voting and all of that stuff, i really dont go deep into it with them though, and well that is a long story and i dont feel like talking a bunch of crap about my own family right now, they are good hard working folks, and well, whatever, and i think that disenfranchised is the right word, or perhaps hopelessness when it comes to politics, i wouldnt go as far to say it be due to apathy and ignorance, of course not.

And your talking about prop 8, that is prop 8 in california, i dunno why its called prop 2 over there though. It bothers me that we got gay marraige passed, then so soon they think they can overturn it? Am i gonna have to try and vote to keep gay marriage legal every election i wonder?
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!! Empty Battleground Virginia!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Well I have done my civic duty!
and I tell ya...why the NAACP thinks they need to sue the state of Va b/c there aren't enough polling places i still don't understand.
I guess Fairfax County Rocks! cheers
there was one person in front of me in my section.
i tell ya! i spent more time in line at starbucks to get my FREE coffee for voting than i did in the entire process of parking the car, walking in, checking in and voting!
Rock On! hope everyone else has it just as easy!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:03 am

I went toward the evening
my voting place was literally
down the block - I could have walked there
and should have just for my health....lol
I had the day off....so, everytime I passed
the place I saw so many cars
and always thought it was packed with voters yet
I could see through the windows
that there weren't that many standing in line to vote
so I rationalized that they must be signing in...the whole lot of them...lol. Wink

It turned out after I parked and went in...
my district had the most in line about 10 of us
and it did start to get never-ending until my district poll worker,
a talkative senior, found so much in common with folks - gotta love 'em-
made the time go faster. He offered about 5 voters to got to another line
that had no one in it so that whittled the original line and we got out faster.
Those poor seniors stuck in a little room from 6am to 8pm you could see the
the strain of 14 hours straight - gotta love 'em. Our District was the only one
with a yougin' student working this time the rest were seniors - thanks to all Like a Star @ heaven

So, I can say it was fairly easy for us who know the drill. I was a poll worker myself for nearly three years - gotta love 'em.

.... it turned out that at 8:15pm those cars were still there in the parking lot after the polls had closed a 8pm... ya' know they belonged to the poll workers and any building authority that took up nearly half the parking lot...lol

Our District was near a 90% turnout.
We had about 600 something registered
and i was number 560 so figureing any absentee ballots
and the next couple hours, thereafter, made it a close call.

God Bless the USA
we need it no matter what!
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down