The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gift For A Friend...

2 posters

Go down

A Gift For A Friend... Empty A Gift For A Friend...

Post by Admin Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:28 am

Hey guys, I had this idea a couple of days ago. I lovingly (and jokingly) refer to myself as a "spiritual social worker" to Gene and my friends, since they know I'm always writing petitions for them. Well, my friend Kelly asked me the other night if I would write a petition for her husband and her, and I did. Afterward, I had this idea which I thought was kinda nice, so I decided to do it.

I've kept a Spiritual Journal for the past two years, and I truly believe that it's one of the main things that help me keep my sanity when dealing with my chart. I write all my petitions in it, I write semi-daily entries about things that are happening to me, and I especially jot down any and all info I come across that seems to resonate within my soul as Spiritual Truth. (In fact, I'm on my second journal... Joyful ) So, with that being said...

I had went to Walmart (especially right now, because they have all their school supplies on sale right now) and found this cute little notebook for about $.60. I then sat down, and filled a couple of pages with information on the phylum of Angels (Kelly's really into angels. she loves them to death!), about the seven levels of advancement on the other side, and even some of my favorite quotes from Sylvia that have inspired and comforted me throughout tough times. And of course, I wrote a small entry about the importance of writing petitions to Mother Azna, that Sylvia described in Mother God. As well as, some basic info on the different religions of the world that believe in a Mother God deity, and the different names that She is known by. I also wrote a petition in the notebook asking that Mother Azna would help Kelly to strengthen her faith by writing in her spiritual journal.

I thought about waiting, and giving this to her at Christmas, but I hate waiting! Giggle So I gave it to her, today. Well, needless to say, she cried when I gave it to her. She said that she's never had anyone give her something so "Special." and that she looked forward to writing in it.

So, I just thought that I would pass this idea along to ya'all, in case there's anyone who's looking for a way to help someone else find and shine their light. I mean, if there's someone you know that's spiritual and you'd like to give them a gift other than a Bible, or maybe even use it as a way to introduce someone who really needs to build their relationship with God but doesn't know about Gnosticism, maybe this idea can help you.

After all, I see it as just following the advice..."Do good and help others."

Just an idea to share! Joyful
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Gift For A Friend... Empty Re: A Gift For A Friend...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow, what a thoughtful thing to do!
she sure is lucky gal, that's for sure Joyful
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:28 pm

She must have appreciated it so much.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Yeah, she told me yesterday, that's she's been writing in it ever since!

Who'da thunk that the little things are what really mean the most? Giggle
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down