The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates

Go down

Updates Empty Updates

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:55 pm

The wonderful :wizard:s at forumotion have given our forums some recent updates.
I was waiting to post about them, until all the bugs have been worked out, but some remain.

Most of the changes have to do with your profiles and posts.
There is a new advanced profile:
  • With this profile is the ability to leave Visitor messages (VM) on member's profiles.
    These VMs are PUBLIC (similar to Vbulletin forums or if you will...a myspace comment)
    The admins and the owner of the profile have the ability to HIDE msgs or delete them. Once you hide the VM it will go into your save box. Unhiding is NOT possible at this time.

• Updated friends and foes list (but the friends keep disappearing at this point Mad ) Look in your profiles to either confirm or deny friend requests.

• You can now navigate to profiles directly from the usernames in posts or post profile box, as well between profiles.

• Editing your profile info. is now easier. When you go to the new advanced profile you can click the Updates Editto edit the profile fields directly on that page.

You will see Updates Icon_multiquote_off_en in the posts now.
    To use this feature to quote more than one post in a thread--click the Updates Icon_multiquote_off_en of each post you want to quote then use the Updates Button_topic_reply_en to reply. (quick reply box doesn't work with this feature)

You will see Updates Icon_thanks_off_en in posts now. If someone's post has been helpful etc. you can use the thanks button and the selected post from the user will be marked by color change.
    The thanks button can be only used ONCE per thread and only appears to the topic starter.

You will see points listed in profile stats. I had to activate them along with the thanks button. I really see no need for this, but they are there tongue

I'm sure I forgot to mention something Rolling Eyes
If you have questions, let me know.
queen
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Updates Empty Re: Updates

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I have given users a new personal profile field.
You can now give yourself your own "title"
not that it means anything other than how you want to express yourself, or be known as.
It's just for fun...

just in case on the rare occasion anyone even reads these posts...
or gives a flying......whatever! LOL
at least I am amusing myself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Oh cool new features! Im sure it shall take a bit to get used to ALL of them...

Seems the "multiquote" and "thanks" ones seem best, not real big on profile stuff personally......

Thanks for all the hard work putting it all together to inform!

LargeWingSpan

Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 11:29 am

I have given users a new personal profile field.
You can now give yourself your own "title"
not that it means anything other than how you want to express yourself, or be known as.
It's just for fun...
I changed it to Life Themes, where you can list your themes..if you know them or just what you may think they are
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue May 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Oh Cool! I like that idea! Ill have to see if I can find them! LOL

LargeWingSpan

Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm

YAY!! someone finally likes one of my ideas confetti stars
Anonymous