The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers for Bob

5 posters

Go down

Prayers for Bob Empty Prayers for Bob

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:26 pm

From Bobs site:

My name is Bob Skelding and I’m driving a wagon, pulled by four Percheron horses (3 mares and a gelding) on a journey throughout the United States. My only goals are to see new places, meet plenty of nice people like yourself, and to enjoy this great country of ours like it’s meant to be enjoyed.
I’m starting this trip in Deerfield, New Hampshire. I don’t know where I’m going or where I’ll end up, but I think I’m really going to enjoy the people and the places along the way. Come and share the journey with me.
The sole purpose of this trip is to travel by horse and wagon and meet people. I want them to share their experiences with me and I’ll share mine with them. I’m not supporting any cause, trying to achieve a goal, nor am I sponsored by anyone.
The reason I’m traveling in this fashion is because it combines all the things I like best and eliminates those I like least. Also, I can’t think of a cooler thing to do.

I have been following Bobs Journey since he entered Indiana in the beginning of December. He posts blogs almost daily of his Journey across the United States with 4 Percheron Draft Horses pulling a homemade RV style wagon, which started in July of 2008 in New Hampshire.

Bob posted pictures of the people he met, of his wagon, of the children sitting on the horses at the daycares and schools he stopped at. He was living his dream and enjoying every second of it.

Sadly, on February 11, 2009 Bob and his 4 Horses, DeeDee, Joyce, Dolly and Doc, and his poodle Clementine were in a horrible and tragic accident.

While in central Mississippi, near the Alabama state line, on State Hwy 45, Bob and his crew where hit by an 18 wheeler tanker truck estimated to be going 60-70mph.

DeeDee and Dolly didn’t survive the accident. Bob is in serious condition at the Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian Mississippi. Clementine the poodle, and Joyce and Doc are all at a local Vets from the information I have been able to gather so far.

I ask of you to lift Prayer for Bob and his 4 legged Children.

For more information on Bob’s Journey please see his website:
(and you may add prayers to his guestbook)
http://www.wagonteamster.com/index.html

For other updates on Bob please see:
http://wagoneeringteamster.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bobskelding

LargeWingSpan

Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Bob Empty Re: Prayers for Bob

Post by spirit-being Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 am

My prayers go out to Bob and his children

In the Healing Light of creation
I am sending love out to everyone
God is with him and he is Blessed
I ask for Bob to be basked in Healing Light

To his companions my love goes out
Healing light enters each one of them
God's blessings are upon them

Many Blessings
spirit-being
spirit-being

Libra Cat
Joined date : 2008-12-14

http://www.spiritsjourney.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:11 pm

oh my god....

how freeekin cruel

my question was going to be what roads did he
plan on driving that buggy

and I thought probably the back roads.....

no such luck - Bob, heal thyself Blessings abundantly for you
and your fur babies.... you deserved better
than EVIL
(I don't usually talk like that in public it makes me think less of myself)
gave you. There are so many other decent good folks living amoung us
and evil has to freeekin always find it way up to the podeum where
goodness has something worth while to say.....to quash

I can not get over this one either......

I sent him an email it went like this....
bob,

a member of our community website
had been following your journey
and asked for us to pray for you
we are good folks and I did
say a prayer for you
and I am mad at the fool that
did all that damage to you...
but you are still with us and
that is still all good...
whatever you do show your goodness to others
like it seems to have been for you.

I wish you a speedy recovery and a fully healthy one;
heal first, then continue your journey, is my advice.
We'll be there for you in SPIRIT on your journey
whatever it may be. Good folks do exist! but it's that
one percent that you read about...damn!

sending you LOVE and HEALING in all ways..., amen.
Feel Blessed if you care too.

I apologize if I don't sound flowery and delicate
'cause I can feel the sorrow....of the event Dove

Last edited by d-knots on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Eveningblossom Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 am

What happened to the speeder?

There are a few Amish buggy accidents around here and the law is strictly enforced regarding speeding .

Hope the man and his animal family make a complete recovery.

Sorry that he will live with a broken heart at the loss of his horses.

Patrick not to hijack your thread:

Lester and I spent the day after Valentine's Day at a bird rescue and we had a great time.

It did break our hearts to see how cruel some of the birds were treated before they got rescued.

Most of you know how beautiful Macaws and Amazons are.

A lot of these poor birds plucked themselves due to neglect and boredom .

One bird was kept in a cage way too small for it without any toys for 25 years in a basement.

It did get fed but will always be traumatized.

We were never in our lives so glad to see Tika, our Blue & Gold Macaw when we got home.

Sorry to get off the subject but your story reminded me of our trip to the sancturary.

Prayers go out to Bob and pets and to the birds to find a good home.

Love and light, always, Eveningblossom

Eveningblossom

Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 am

Oh wow. This is so crazy. People are sometimes selfish in things they do. This driver really did change this man's life forever.

I wish Bob and his pets a speedy recovery. I will put him on my prayer list.

BIG HUGS!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Thank You all for your Prayers for Bob.

He is on the road to recovery. He was taken off the ventilator last Monday and took his first few steps the following day.

Yesterday Bob made an appearance on his site and made a Blog entry. Which has enthralled all of his 'fans'. Here is his message:

Bob wrote:
2/22/09, Meridian, MS - In the hospital (and I will be for a while). But, like the mythological winged horse - Phoenix, we will be rising to continue the journey. Before that day, I’ll have to do quite a bit of mending, build a wagon, acquire a couple of new horses and train them. No insurmountable tasks, but nothing that’s going to occur real soon.

In the short term, my first task ahead of me is to mend an awful lot of broken parts.

In the mean time, I would like to thank all the wonderful people who have stepped up with their prayers, best wishes, offers to help, assistance and much else.

I haven’t had an opportunity to see all that has be been written, but I sampled a lot that has been written and I would like to extend my thank you.

I would also like to thank my family and friends and others who responded with their immediate help - Thank You!

I’ll be checking in from time to time with up dates on how it’s going.

The trip is by no means over - it has just be delayed while things are restructured

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 pm

While checking the site for updates on Bob today, I found the following post. And article from a Mississippi newspaper, announcing his recovery status and that he will be released from the hospital some time this week!!

Dispatch Staff Report wrote:
February 24, 2009

Dispatch Staff Report

MERIDIAN — A New Hampshire man injured Feb. 10 when his horse-drawn recreational vehicle was struck by an 18-wheeler on Highway 45 South is expected to be released from the hospital within the next few days, according to hospital authorities.

Deerfield, N.H., native Bob Skelding, 49, was transported to Rush Foundation Hospital to be treated for head injuries after the wreck near the Noxubee-Kemper county line.

Though Skelding originally was listed as critical, his condition has improved steadily during the past two weeks.

As of Monday, Skelding had been moved to an outpatient room. This morning, hospital officials predicted he likely would be released sometime this week.

Though two of Skelding’s horses, Deedee and Dollie, died after the accident, the two surviving horses, Doc and Joyce, have made a full recovery and will be transported to New Hampshire after Skelding’s release, his family members previously said.

Can we say "The POWER of Prayer"? Wink Cool

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:41 am

This is totally amazing!! I continue to sesnd prayer to Bob for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the update.

BIG HUGS!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Blessings for your journey Bob
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:27 pm

GREAT UPDATE Posted on Bobs site March 01:

Bob wrote:
Dear Readers,

I’m finally out of the hospital - Yeah. I would like to really thank the staff at the Rush Memorial Hospital for everything - they did some good cutting, nursing, administrating and so much more. I would also like to thank everybody else in the hospitality state for everything they’ve done for me - Thank You!

I’m currently at my sister’s house in Hickory, North Carolina. This is a great place to knit some bones, do some healing, then build wagon - II and get it on the road. If anybody would like to snail mail me, my current address is:

Bob Skelding

119 Heritage Creek Dr.

Hickory, NC 28601

Please use this address rather than the one for Rush Hospital in Meridian, MS.

As far as I’m doing - much better. Everyday is an improvement from the one before. I’m still a long way from throwing an 80 pound harness across a horse’s back - but that day will come.

What to expect on this site - As I gain some strength, I’m gong to spend more time writing. You can expect to see some more short stories and some general blogs about life on the road.

As far as what happened to me: well I had life throw me a kick in the pants. This is to be expected when you set off on a dream or a goal. When able to do so, reach back and dust off your seat and drive on. Every journey has a beginning and an end - but they should always be of your own choosing.

Live Large, Bob

http://www.wagonteamster.com/html/where_s_bob.html

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:39 am

THanks for posting this. I will send Bob a card or something to keep his spirits up. THanks for updating us.

BIG HUGS!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down