The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samael Aun Weor

Go down

Samael Aun Weor Empty Samael Aun Weor

Post by spirit-being Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Hello Everyone

I like to add a person who has inspired my life, i love his books and i know i should read more but i lie to myself and don't set aside the time i need to read or listen to his books. Here is a short Biography of Samael Aun Weor.

Samael Aun Weor wrote over sixty books, gave thousands of lectures, and formed the worldwide Gnostic Movement, whose members number in the millions. Though these accomplishments are certainly impressive by any standard, they are merely the pale terrestrial reflection of the work he accomplished internally, spiritually. And yet, in spite of his wisdom and generosity towards mankind, he said:

Do not follow me. I am just a signpost. Reach your own Self-realization.
His lifelong mission was to deliver to humanity the complete path toward the realization of the inner Being, or in other words, the total and exact science required by anyone of any religion, race, culture or creed who wishes to fully and completely develop the human soul. The path he taught is the Path of the Bodhisattva, that mysterious and ancient wisdom long hidden in the bosom of every great religion.

For as long as space endures
and for as long as the world lasts,
may I live dispelling the miseries
of the world.
- From The Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life by Santideva

The Bodhisattva Path, also known as the Straight Path, is taken by very few. While many aspire to the Light, the vast majority take the easier Spiral Path, which is accomplished over a much longer period. The walker of the Straight Path is rare because that road is bitter, painful and filled with terrors. Embodied in the life story of Jesus of Nazareth, the Path of the Bodhisattva is a path of crucifixion and suffering on behalf of others.

The straight path, the upright course of action, the eightfold path, conducts us from the darkness to the light. Thus, this is what Christ meant when he said to us:

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

Those who renounce the happiness of Nirvana because of their love for mankind, those who have the body or vehicle of solar transformation, the Nirmanakaya, are the authentic Bodhisattvas, who indeed walk along the straight path; they know the word of the Lord.

Regarding myself, concerning me, I am a walker of the straight path; thus, I teach the doctrine related with the straight path for those who want to go on the straight path. As to those who do not want to go on the straight path, well, I’m sorry, but the moment at which they have to define themselves will come: then, to those who choose the Spiral Nirvanic Path, we, the ones who follow the Straight Path, have to say “good-bye," because we go towards the Absolute! - Samael Aun Weor Read More

If you are interested in reading or listening to anyone of his books you can find them here.

Here you can find some of his written books.

http://www.gnosiscentral.com/onlineBooks.php

Here are some of his audio books.

http://www.gnosiscentral.com/audioBooks.php

A few of my favorite books by Samael Aun Weor are "Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology" & "The Three Mountains" I hope you enjoy his books Very Happy

Enjoy!

Many Blessings

Last edited by spirit-being on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
spirit-being
spirit-being

Libra Cat
Joined date : 2008-12-14

http://www.spiritsjourney.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Samael Aun Weor Empty Re: Samael Aun Weor

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks for the info.
I don't think I have ever heard of him.
I look forward to checking out the links Smile
Anonymous