The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azna's feast day

5 posters

Go down

Azna's feast day Empty Azna's feast day

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:18 am

I think someone mentioned this was on Dec 7th this year.
Since I am not a member of a study group or church, I was just wondering what one does on this day?
Is there a special prayer?
Are we supposed to write petitions? (which i personally think i have given up on! Sad... but maybe they work for someone else)
anyways...what's it all about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Azna's feast day Empty Re: Azna's feast day

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:09 am

Dec 8th is the feast day for Azna coinciding of course with the day the Catholics celebrate the immaculate conception.
Yes you can do petitions it is a day set aside to honor Azna. Your can do what you want. Get some flowers, light a candle, think of her pray and have thanksgiving for all that she has done for you. It is to bring back the cult of Mother goddess of whom she is Very Happy
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysticalorigins Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Got the sbns bulletin on myspace about Azna's day and thought I would stop by and see how you all were doing.

In response to your question Psi, I looked up Azna's feast day in the Novus JOS book on God and this is what it says;

" December 8th is Azna's Feast Day. It is strange because... [the churches] borrowed that for Mary's Feast Day. Feast Day means a day in which you honor the God. In ancient times Her feast day was a day in which, whether it was Isis or Theadora or Hara or by whatever name She went, whatever culture, would bring flowers, would burn candles... because it does something for you and She both... You petitioning Her changes many things in your life, many many things[Francine]

Coming together really brings about a power that protects you... Religions have always said you must come to church because God will be angry if you do not. That is ridiculous! The power that exudes from coming to a church or professing your Gnosticism, brings power unto you and protection... The only reason why there is any homage paid on a certain feast day is because it brings power to you!
"

This will be my first year celebrating this day. I'm just going to light a candle in her honor and send my love and thanks her way. By the way Psi, you may want to rephrase your petitions. I didn't think mine were working until I did that. I also found that although the exact thing I wanted wasn't happening the petitions were being answered, just in another way. I think the reason for this is that what I was asking for was something that couldn't be changed because it would negate my reasons for being here. But I found that doors were suddenly being opened in other areas that were still prevalent to the initial petition.

So even though that part of my chart could not be changed other things could to make life a little easier and more enjoyable. What's been happening since I first started to notice all of this has been amazing.

Anyway love to all and enjoy Azna's very special day. Wink
Mysticalorigins
Mysticalorigins

Aries Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-21

http://myspace.com/ahealingspace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks T Hug 2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:45 pm

I think i have a prayer for Azna feast day. Or maybe its for winter soltice.

Ill share it as soon as i find it
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CathyO Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:04 am

What my study group and I do is celebrate the closest Thursday to it since that is the day we meet.
We write a petition to Azna for the whole year...what we would like to see happen physcially, emotionally , spiritually and financially. (we normally burn a petition once a month anyways) Along with the petition everyone writes letters to loved ones on the Other Side as well as to anyone that they would like to see have a healing of some kind.
As well we light all 5 of the candles that you are to light for celebrations. The white for protection,the green for healing, the gold for higher consciousness , purple for spirituality, and the blue for tranquility. Each member of my group brings a different candle. We also make it a potluck meeting because this is usually the last meeting of the year for us until January.
We say our prayer for feast day as well.
This is just want we do. Use any of it if you like.
Hugs
Cathy
CathyO
CathyO

Virgo Posts : 138
Joined date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:32 am

@Cathy queen I like all your ideas. sounds like you all have a nice time.

@IN2--okey dokey. I know in Sylvia's prayer book there is the "Prayer to our Beloved Mother God, Azna" is that the one?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 pm

thanks for bringing this celebration up again
.... though each prayer I say either begins or
ends with an appeal to Azna; she is definitely not forgotten
throughout the year.

she is the busy feline always on the move ....

I really like the Gnostic way of thinking about our symbolic
elders - Azna, Om, Archangels, etc....because gnosticism is
so positive and caring about the past, present, and future lifetime.
It pays to be honestly good.

Truely, have a calm and knowledgable weekend as well as an
endearing December 8th -Azna's Day. Heart 2
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:43 pm

Its the prayer to our beloved mother god azna prayer yep! Very Happy

"Prayer to Our Beleoved Mother God, Azna"

My beloved Azna, let Your mantle surround us and protect us.
Our Mother, we address You as the miracle worker, the glorious vehicle of intercession and healing support.

We petition You as the Queen and Guardian of the world, to bring Your grace and beneficence into our lives.

We adore and honor You as the companion to our blessed Creator, God the Father,.
We accept You as the counterpart to our creation and give our hearts and souls to You in service.

We know You can help us fulfill our preordained chart for our own perfection.
We also know that we may petition You for our needs and desires. {Stat your petition}

Dearest Glorious Mother, Queen of the Universe, our love is endless, and our devotion is unwavering.
Protect us from the failings of our own egos.
Protect us from the negativities of life and the darkness that can surround us.
Let Your light of emotional understanding be a reflective shield against any evil.
If we fail to remember You each day, dearest Mother, remember us, and be waiting for us at the end of our lives so we can behold Your glorious countenance.
We ask this in the name of the Mother, Father, and Christ-consciousness.
Amen.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down