The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mccain's V.P pick.

+3
Admin
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
in2wish4everpeace
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mccain's V.P pick. Empty Mccain's V.P pick.

Post by in2wish4everpeace Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:46 am

So, Mccain has strategically announced his vp pick just a day after Obama's awesome speech. Maybe im just cynical, but me thinks Mccain knows how to play the media and american's attention spans very well, and that may be one of his strengths, ill give him that.

He picks the new(ish) 2 year old governor of alaska,,, actually i have worded that wrong, she is 44 years old, she has been governor for 2 years. Ok, so Sarah Palin is her name,, so, kudos to Mccain, in that she will be the first woman v.p running mate in the republican party history. The media where like OMG! OMG a women v.p running mate Omg! To me it really did not matter much, i focus on the issues here, and its the issues that made me get a tissue.......You see, after america get over the OMG! and Wow! factor that its a woman that he picked as a running mate, some cynical people on the news may say its to get that 35-50 age group of women, whom voted for Hillary, but for some reason or another are hesitant to vote Obama. Why did i need a tissue when it came to the issues you ask? She is more freaking conservative that Mccain when it comes to womens rights! She was way behind ol Pat Buchanan , when he made that really really conservative rallying cry back in the early ninties when he himself ran for president...... and one more thing, and get a tissue....She IS AGAINST ABORTION EVEN IN CASES OF RAPE AND INCEST! I MEAN WTF!!! Seriously though, if she and Mccain have their way, she will set this country back when it comes to womens rights about, i duno, a half century? ! I mean seriously, and second of all, she wants to apparently drill the hell outta the alaskan oil reserves, jeezes christ! I mean, i already thought we took care of that years ago, and we said we would not pollute and mess with the wildlife up there sheesh! Not to mention her positions on the war are rather fuzzy and unclear to me at the moment, but we all know Mccain wants to occupy Iraq for many many years anyhow. Grouch
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Mccain's V.P pick. Empty Re: Mccain's V.P pick.

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:36 am

and she is under investigation for abuse of power already...LOL Great pick.... Let's vote to make sure they don't get their way...
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Well they ALL play the media...if you think otherwise you are naive. or optimistic LOL Smile
Personally, I am scratch over here.
Either way it goes, it is a historic election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Hmm, well, i guess Barack must be alot trickier at it, and from my point of view, Mccain is a much more negative campainer than Barack, its like he is always having Barack on the defensive, but now Barack is beggining to fight back.

And it doesnt matter if a person is Democrat/Republican/Independant or whatever, George Bush was a horrible president, and Mccain voted and agreed with Bush 90% of the time, that is bad and out of touch with the american people.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 am

aw man! i got excited LROF
I was looking for a schd. of events for RNC ( CAN'T INTERFERE WITH THE REDSKINS SEASON OPENER!!!!!!! COME ON PEOPLE!! THIS IS WASHINGTON....WHY DID THEY SCHD. THE ACCEPTANCE SPEECH ON THE SAME FREAKING NIGHT Beating A Dead Horse)
anyway.......
this obviously is a parody, but it was the first thing i saw...
7:15 pm – Spiritual Medium Sylvia Browne performs psychic séance in desperate attempt to raise Ronald Reagan from the grave
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Psi wrote:aw man! i got excited LROF
I was looking for a schd. of events for RNC ( CAN'T INTERFERE WITH THE REDSKINS SEASON OPENER!!!!!!! COME ON PEOPLE!! THIS IS WASHINGTON....WHY DID THEY SCHD. THE ACCEPTANCE SPEECH ON THE SAME FREAKING NIGHT Beating A Dead Horse)
anyway.......
this obviously is a parody, but it was the first thing i saw...
7:15 pm – Spiritual Medium Sylvia Browne performs psychic séance in desperate attempt to raise Ronald Reagan from the grave

Waitaminute,, where did you find that Syliva was going to attempt a seance to raise Ronald from the grave? Sounds fake. Of course its fake, what am i saying..
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:39 am

i know that i sound like a broken record, but i'm doing my very best not to call this Palin "lady" what i really think of her...not only is she all about "women should be subservant to their menfolk" in her statements, politics, and views, but she's also completely 100% anti-gay!?!?!?

oh sure...gee...which way will my vote be leaning? especially since Obama made a good point when he was talking to the gays on Logo (channel), that "we're a lot a like, seeing as most of society wants to judge us based on what they percieve, and not without knowing the facts." (something to that effect) so yeah...when's the blasted polls opening up!?!?! lol!
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:40 am

by the way, i "predict" another re-count with this election! LROF
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Mccain's V.P pick. Empty OMG

Post by samijo Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:04 am

You know I have learned that you never talk to clients about
Religion or politics...there is a reason for that. Everyone has
their oppinions and that is just the way it is, plus it is a very
sinsitive subject.
But here is my Two Cents
There are plus's and minus's on both sides. Isn't there always
I feel you pick the best of two wrongs. And pray for the best
to happen.
My thoughts that there is going to be alot of problems come from
this election. LOTS>>>>either way it goes..this is my perdiction!
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Admin wrote:i know that i sound like a broken record, but i'm doing my very best not to call this Palin "lady" what i really think of her...not only is she all about "women should be subservant to their menfolk" in her statements, politics, and views, but she's also completely 100% anti-gay!?!?!?

oh sure...gee...which way will my vote be leaning? especially since Obama made a good point when he was talking to the gays on Logo (channel), that "we're a lot a like, seeing as most of society wants to judge us based on what they percieve, and not without knowing the facts." (something to that effect) so yeah...when's the blasted polls opening up!?!?! lol!

Guess what, i had no idea she was also anti-gay..That is bad, very bad.

You see part of my problem and sometimes i get concerned and even a little angry over these candidates is this, Sylvia says as we all know to respect other religions and beliefs, nothing wrong with that, its part of being a true gnostic, its to realize we are no better than everyone else just because our beliefs are true to our hearts and we believe what we do so deeply.

My problem, of course comes when, unfortunately some people in politics let their beliefs dictate their decisions making, and law-making once they get into office, not only that, its sometimes their beliefs that some politicians use as a platform to get elected into office, and we all know that is wrong in itself,,,, HERE IS where it gets dangerous...

As politicians and law-makers in office, this gives them power, power to actually change and dictate over the lives of the actual people they think should live their lives the way THEY believe. If they are against Abortion= No abortion for all.. Against gay marraige=no gay marraige.. Religion and politics are a bad mix, and its those politicians that push THEIR beliefs onto others whether they like it or not.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:46 pm

Just for the record, not ALL 40 something-republican-WOMEN are anti-gay and anti-abortion.
first mistake ol' Johnny Mac made was NOT choosing me!!!!!!!! LMAO
ha!!! couldn't make me do it anyways.

looks like the abstinence education money was wasted.
i am not a prude nor am i naive ( I know damn well kids have sex I was one of them!)...i just hate hypocrisy!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:29 pm

I didnt know your where a repubilcan, you seem more like an independant.

And im with Obama when he says to keep families out of this race, its non of my bussiness about her personal life.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Heres my quick Two Cents

I grew up Republican, and sometimes still lean that way...My Grandfather has a rather...ahem...what shall I call it, name for the Democrat Party, and I also grew up hearing that. However, out of respect of all here, its best I not share that. Anyway...

In my sole opinion, it all boils down to this for me this time around......

I dont like any of the candidates this time around, they are only Politicians, and all of which I consider Lying Thieves.

Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck to whoever wins...............

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Admin wrote:especially since Obama made a good point when he was talking to the gays on Logo (channel), that "we're a lot a like, seeing as most of society wants to judge us based on what they percieve, and not without knowing the facts." (something to that effect)
too bad he didn't say it where the majority of people could hear him...can't really blame HIM for the media biases.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:59 pm

in2wish4everpeace wrote:I didnt know your where a repubilcan, you seem more like an independant.

And im with Obama when he says to keep families out of this race, its non of my bussiness about her personal life.
um...not sure what to make of the independent label. i'm not a soup can LMAO

as for the family business. she brought it up. SHE is the one who would be making policy based on her feelings/beliefs/ etc.
besides we get to hear all about the 5 month old and the son going off to Iraq but the 17 is off limits? please. I am not running. Obama is running so he HAS to say that! cuz when something shows up with his family ( it always does no matter WHO you are) he would want the same thing.

I vote ANARCHY!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Oh in her defense I will point out that of all four pres and VP canidates she is the ONLY one with EXECUTIVE experience. regardless of how long it is more than the others.

and i think i am done. i really don't like politics anyways. but i have been bored and lonely lately so i gotta say something LOL!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Psi wrote:Oh in her defense I will point out that of all four pres and VP canidates she is the ONLY one with EXECUTIVE experience. regardless of how long it is more than the others.

Good Point!! CNN was sort of reflecting on this today, right at the RNC in St. Paul. Saying that yes, Mccy boy has 26 years experience, but as a Senator...and really what the hell do Senators run????? Anyone????

They mentioned the others too, but since I dont know the specs on Obamas service or that of his VP pick (who I believe is also nothing but a Senator, for no matter how many years...) I shouldnt comment on the Dem side as far as experience.

I think Executive experience speaks a bit this time around. Even though they are trying to paint the woman as scandal clad. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:35 pm

It just goes back to the issues, as i think it can be argued on both republican and democrat sides that their candidates are qualified for the job, we really wont know this till they get into office, and their families personal lives is not something im gonna cast my ballot on, i will however cast it on past deeds, and what they have strived for in the past....I just happen to agree with Obama on alot of things this election, im sure if in the future there is a candidate for the republicans or independant party or green party i agree with most, i would cast my ballot for him/her...That is all im gonna say more in this thread, as politics can be a weird subject to talk about anywhere, then it turns into just a back and forth response, against another response sharing our viewpoints on personal preferences and ideologies.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:19 am

umm.....okay.... Thinking Isn't that the idea of a 'discussion' though?
anyways......how's the weather?!?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:54 am

I have to agree with Sami's statement. This year's election, is what my grandpa would say, "Picking the lesser of two evils."

I only hope that whomever wins, will get their heads out of their...um...you know, and focus on getting America back on track! For crying out loud, let's fix the roof over our heads before we worry about mending broken fences in other areas. I know that doesn't sound "spiritual" but even Jesus tended to himself before helping others.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Psi wrote:umm.....okay.... Thinking Isn't that the idea of a 'discussion' though?
anyways......how's the weather?!?!

Partly cloudy, with a chance of clearness.

And Adam, i partly agree with the lessor of two evils thought process, however there is still a big enough difference in the 2 candidates, for each of them to somewhat change the direction our country is going, or have a big enough influence to change lives. On both the social and political issues, as well as appointing supreme court justices, taxes, the war and so on.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Nova Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:17 am

what do i think about mccain's VP pick ?... confused scratch Rolling Eyes affraid I Don't Get It
Blue Nova
Blue Nova

Cancer Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:02 pm

She is an intresting V.P pick isnt she?

I really do hope people research about her first, before they cast ther ballot, there are some things she has done that you cant simply shrug your shoulders to. Research, learn, ponder, think, then go with your gut.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Nova Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Research, learn, ponder, think, then go with your gut.

cheers In2 !

one thing that has me worried...is that people will base their decision on the candidates outward appearance and not on their 'inner selves'.
Blue Nova
Blue Nova

Cancer Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:15 pm

I have that same worry, just as you do.

We may have a women as V.P, but sadly, she would be against many things women have fought against up to this point. affraid
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next