The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The system? There is something wrong within the system of ou

+3
Admin
Blue Nova
samijo
7 posters

Go down

The system? There is something wrong within the system of ou Empty The system? There is something wrong within the system of our government!

Post by samijo Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:25 pm

I am on this SOAP BOX to say just this:
I am a business owner, a hair salon.
At this time I am not able to be at the salon all the time. I take care of my mother in law that is sick at home. I am her caregiver.
I hired this girl to be a stylist. I asked her for her licenses and she told me that she had left them at the last place that she worked.
I told her that was fine to bring them in when she came to work and put them in the display frame. I had noticed after a while that her
licenses were not in the frame. When I asked she said she never went to get them that her new licenses should be coming in anytime and she would just post them. I said well alright but as soon as they came in I wanted them posted. Days later I noticed her licenses was not in the frame. Upon inquirey of their whereabouts, she said she had not gotten them in yet. I took it upon my self to call state board of cosmetology to find out what the hold up was. I find out she had not had an active licenses since 2005! Shocked Can you believe it. Well, I had no other choice but to fire her. I could not have her working in a licensed job without licenses.
HERE IS WHERE THE PROBLEM FOR ME COMES!
She filed for unemployment: even though she doesn't have active licenses! I had to sign a form and send a written letter explaining all of this.
Unemployement was denied! (she did work for 3 months without a licenses). She filed an appeal. I have to have a hearing with a refree. The appeal for unemployment was denied! Now I get another letter in the mail and she reapplied for unemployment this too is going to appeals, yes another hearing, with a new refree!
I called unemployment appeals and tell them I feel that I am being harrassed. They said "no she has the right to file these appeals just as you will have a right if the decission is overturned to file an appeal against that decission.
I told them this just doesnt make any since...she does not nor did have licenses to work. They said be it as it may this is the law.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! TAX PAYERS MONEYS PAY FOR THIS!!!!
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

The system? There is something wrong within the system of ou Empty Re: The system? There is something wrong within the system of ou

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:30 pm

(((HUGS))) ~~~~WHITE LIGHT~~~~ OOOOHHHHMMMMMMMMM!
my sista! It certainly sounds screwy to me confused scratch
I suppose you just have to have patience, go through whatever steps there are and pray that somewhere ...someone has not only the SENSE but authority to right this wrong!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The system? There is something wrong within the system of ou Empty Re: The system? There is something wrong within the system of ou

Post by Blue Nova Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:52 am

The system has failed...can't they see that ? It ain't workin' !! I Don't Get It
We need a huge change, so much so that I believe it will seem radical to some but very necessary.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! TAX PAYERS MONEYS PAY FOR THIS!!!!

It's a sad reality isn't it ?

Hugs,
Anne
Blue Nova
Blue Nova

Cancer Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Sami, I completely UNDERSTAND!!! When it comes to running a business, it sucks the hoops and things we have to jump through! Even though I have a corporation behind me, I still have to cover my butt when it comes to firing people! It just blows my mind that the people that we fire, because they're doing something WRONG, have more rights and have more permissions than we do, for taking responsibilities and doing what's RIGHT!
It also sucks that I found out that if someone takes a Discrimatory case to the Unemployement Board, the burden of proof lies on the company, NOT the individual who's making the claim! Just a word to the wise...

But hang in there, hon! As Jesus said, "The truth shall set you free."
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nwpisces Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm

It is sad that in this day we can't trust people to be honest and not take advantage of good people. On the same note we have a government that doesn't support the right side of things.

I had a resident that stopped paying his rent one day. He lived here for years before I took over. He claimed he didn't know he had to pay rent. What?? after several years paying he decided he wasn't sure if he had to pay. It took several battles in court and many months to get a judge to side with me that he had to pay rent or vacate. So I am very understanding of the injustice honest businesses go through.
nwpisces
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:46 am

I can only say to all of y'all it happens all the time... Unemployment and appeals.. and yes the tax payer's money. it is the same with court cases and appeals. It is not just to get at you. it is for the unscrupulous people and the good ones as well. Like I tell some folks.. God (which is not the government by any stretch) doesn't say only good people get sunshine and the bad ones have clouds around them. God lets the sunshine fall on everyone good and bad, the just and unjust. but hang in there Samijo
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:28 am

Well it is me again. I thought that I would give you guys an up date of the ex-employee's status of unemployment.
After two Hearings of appeals, she did not get the unemployment. She tried to make it look like I was the reason she didnt get her license, "I know that is totally stupid but never the less she did", then she tried to make it look like I was being hard on her and she was with child, "I know" then she had nothing to do but tried to blame it on me that I was being racest. "that is stupid" but nothing worked, the fact of the matter is to work as a cosmetologist you must have a valid state license. This is a licensed profession, and that is what I kept saying to unemployment, but still had to go through all these hoops. Silly, wasteing tax payers money like that. I mean I understand on something different it maybe valid to do all the hearings of appeals, but when in this case was YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CURRENT VALID STATE LICENSE! open and shut case it would of seemed. Two Cents
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by nwpisces Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:45 pm

I am happy to hear it worked out in your favor Sami.
nwpisces
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 pm

the appeals I guess are a system of checks and balances so even if people try to be crooked it will come out. It takes tax payers money but if it is legitimate then the system works if not then the system still works to keep the employers who are honest covered too. If the employees are right then it helps them because there are crooked things on both sides appeals is there to make it fair for both no matter the intent.
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:25 am

The funny thing was that I received a letter in the mail stating that the appeal decission would not be over turned. (that means she could not get unemployement). But I got a call that I was supposed to call this office and ask for this lady with unemployment before the 13th so I called on the 12th and this lady said that she just got finished working on this case, and that she was just finishing up the paper work. I said what do you mean, she said this this girl was going to get unemployment! I said EXCUSE ME WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT . I have this letter stating, she said well just one minute, she came back to the phone and said that she should of seen that but over looked it where it was done and finished and she would not get unemployment. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! SHE WAS GOING TO SEND HER A CHECK. HAHHAH...This lady just over looked it. amazing. If I had not of pointed it out to her she would of put the unemployment checks coming in to this girl. I mean she doesnt not to this day have license to work. She should not get unemployment anyway, it is for people that can go to work, but cant find work. I dont know any place not hiring stylist. do you?
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabird37721 Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:14 am

Hey Sami... As you know my dad was a barber all his life.. and my sister followed in his footsteps and is currently a barber/hairstylist. She has had her own shop just like daddy did all these years. One place she had was a multiple room building... doors on each room which would completely shut off each room. Since she works for herself and is the ONLY stylist there.. she used but one room to work in.. then she had her waiting room and area where she could check people in and out. The other rooms were shut off all the time to the public and she put one of her birds in one of them in a cage of course.. and the state inspector would not allow it stating it was against health codes. I dont understand that at all. I think.... the inspectors can be almost out to get you if something goes wrong.. they will hound you to death. The one she has that comes around thinks MEN should be barbers and stylists.... so he is very hard on her being that she is a SHE.. lol.. The laws are not right.. they arent fair.. But I am glad it turned out in your favor. From now on though.. dont let anyone work even five minutes without their license hanging on the wall framed.... BEFORE they even unpack their combs LOL... Love you my friend......always..........Robin
mamabird37721
mamabird37721

Aries Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Just a little FYI for those following the story of the unemployment issue.
There was 2 appeals and the judgement was that there would be no unemployment given to the ex-employee, (do to the fact she had no licenses) I received a letter stating this "but" I was also informed in the letter that she has 20 days to file another appeal. Beating A Dead Horse WHAT! come on now...what part of NO LICENSES do they not understand! Yes, taxes payers moneys are going for this kind of thing..
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:30 pm

affraid you gotta be kidding me???? Beating A Dead Horse Beating A Dead Horse Beating A Dead Horse
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Dragging out the soap box again about that stylist I fired a year or so ago!
No joke!
She is filing for unemployment once again after a year and couple of months. Can you frekin believe it.
I guess I am still in the quarter she would draw on from another job or something like that. So I am protesting it once again.
The stylist from Hell I guess. good lord! Keep me sane.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Smile Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:42 am

OH wow Sami..YOu keep it up..I know it is irritating but she needs to understand that NO is NO..End of it!!!

BIG HUGS!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum