The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew 7:3

5 posters

Go down

Matthew 7:3 Empty Matthew 7:3

Post by samijo Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Why do you see the splinter which is in your brother's eye and do not see the beam that is in your own eye!
This to me is an very important statement.
We are perfecting how can we see the splinters in anyones eye.
We have not perfected so how can we see.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Matthew 7:3 Empty Re: Matthew 7:3

Post by nwpisces Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:40 pm

I just read that last night. It made so much sense to me.
nwpisces
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 am

I've always been partial to John 8:7 "For he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." -Jesus

I've always taken this as, "Until You've perfected, you can't pass your judgements off on others."

And I've always been fond of "Don't cast your pearls before swine." Which I've always taken as "Don't waste your time talking to the wall."
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit-being Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:39 am

Thank You everyone i needed to hear these. It is the Truth cheers

This one i love very much and do my best to follow it.

—Luke 6:27-35

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

“If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.
**JESUS**

Many Blessings I love you
Merry Christmas I love you
spirit-being
spirit-being

Libra Cat
Joined date : 2008-12-14

http://www.spiritsjourney.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Good Christmas, amen. Dove

"Why do you see the splinter which is in your brother's eye and do not see the beam that is in your own eye!"

I tend to think two ways about this....and there are probably as many ways as folks...

the two, three, four... are

one, the splinter is a small imperfection (thank you Sami) and is focused on by the one with the beam the beam can be the beam of light - the holy light - that still needs tendig to. So, why see others faults rather than your own Goodness or theirs amidst the smaller fault....?

two, the splinter is a pain in the eye but the beam must be a greater pain since it is bigger...
so the moral of this statement is why focus on someone elses smaller pain when you have a bigger pain within yourself to work on...? Likened to casting the stone (thank you, Adam....)when yourself is not without sin.

third, to look each other eye to eye we or you yourself need to tend your own wounded temple (body or/and spirit) where the splinter and beam reside.

fourth, why is the word beam used but not branch, twig, or other wooden object....? Was it meant to be a play on words or was something lost in the translation of the Bible...?

good topic and opinions for discussion, thanks folks
have a better day today than yesterday......
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum