The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the name...

3 posters

Go down

What was the name... Empty What was the name...

Post by mamabird37721 Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:38 pm

What was the name of that movie.. its an oldie.. where the guy goes to Heaven and theres all these buildings and things he goes through but ends up coming back to Earth ????? Was it Heaven can Wait?????? Does anyone know? I thought about it and .. though its been years and years since it came out.. just think for a second at how close they were and what messages were there in that movie even back then...
I would like to watch it again. Love you all and thanks ahead of time.. Robin
mamabird37721
mamabird37721

Aries Rat
Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

What was the name... Empty Re: What was the name...

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Adam...the resident movie guru king should know Wink

I watched that movie a long time ago but don't remember a dang thing about it other than Warren Beatty was in it Thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nwpisces Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:51 pm

If it is the one with Warren Beatty then it is Heaven can wait (I used to work in a movie store). Hope I didn't step on your toes Adam. Hug 2
nwpisces
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:12 pm

not at all, it is Heaven Can Wait
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Another great movie you guys need to watch, if you haven't seen it, is Defending Your Life with Albert Brooks, Meryl Streep, and Rip Torn. So far, it's the closest thing I've found to a movie about what happens to us on the Other Side.

In case you haven't seen it, here's a summary to interest you: (And I promise to follow the rules my high school English teacher gave me, when she taught me how to explain summaries to people: "Make it like a mini skirt: long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to make it interesting.")

Albert Brooks's character dies, and finds himself in the After-Life, where he has to go "on trail" to defend his life. Rip Torn is his "lawyer," and there is a Council of people who review his life (They watch it, in a theater, on a big screen) and based on the evidence from what they've seen from his life, they decide on whether or not he's learned enough to assend to a higher plane of learner, or if he needs be reincarnated to learn better.

There's a really great scene, in which Rip Torn is telling Albert Brooks that in order to achieve success, we have to learn all we can here on earth. And that God and the Universe send us back to Earth as many times as it takes to learn as much as we can. But, if we don't learn, then we're sent into the "uncreatedness."

Again, it's a movie that if you haven't seen it, you'll LOVE it!
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by nwpisces Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Thank you for adding that movie. I have been trying to remember the name of that movie for about a year now. I love that movie.
nwpisces
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:58 am

not a problem! Joyful
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Libra Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabird37721 Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:01 am

Oh Thanks guys.. I thought it was but wasnt sure. I appreciate the help. Love you all.. Robin
mamabird37721
mamabird37721

Aries Rat
Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum