The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Compass

2 posters

Go down

The Golden Compass Empty The Golden Compass

Post by Admin Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:17 pm

hee hee, one of the many perks of running a video store, is that i get to see movies before we put them out on the shelves....so, with that being said, i watched The Golden Compass the other night...

well, no one told me, but it's another friggin Lord of the Rings situation...it doesn't have an ending, because there's gonna be one or two sequels to it!! So, i just wanted to let everyone know, because i wasn't told, and i'm kinda fed up with these fantasy movies being like this!! Thank God, Chronicles of Narnia wasn't!! But alas, they all can't be as AWESOME and AMAZING as Narnia! (btw...i'm eagerly awaiting Prince Caspian!!!)

Anyway, if you haven't seen The Golden Compass, YOU HAVE TO MAKE TIME TO WATCH IT!!! There are some REALLY GREAT elements about it, that we gnostics may find almost spooky. Especially, with the opening scene, the narrator's talking about there being other worlds and other realities paralel to our own. and while the narrator's explaining this, you seen this awesome golden veil lifting away, revealing a similar reality. which naturally, i thought about "The veil is thining." It was great imagery to have to associate that fact with.

Also, in the movie, the characters' souls weren't actually in their bodies, but in their animal-"demons" which basically were Totems. And the really cool fact about this, was that the childrens' "demons" were constantly changing from one animal to another (i.e. ferret, mouse, moth, butterfly, cat, dog, wolf, then back to ferret, etc)

And the most stunning element to the story, was that this alternate reality was being overran by the Majestirium (The Church) which dictated to everyone how they lived, and such. And those who sought after truth, were considered dangerous as a threat to the Majestirium. Which the heroine's uncle was, since he was seeking after truth and knowledge. Even though the books were supposedly written by an atheist, I still think there's a lot of cool "coincidences" in the movie. And i strongely suggest that ya'all see it!

Sorry...27 Dresses is also a great chick-flick! James Marsden...need I say more? Joyful
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Golden Compass Empty Re: The Golden Compass

Post by in2wish4everpeace Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:08 pm

Im definately gonna rent this one.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:12 am

I'm gonna watch it.
Apparently Nate went to Hollywood yesterday ( although he isn't supposed to be spending any money Rolling Eyes) I found this movie sitting on the table. so Yay! i guess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Well heck, i would have sent you a free coupon! Wink
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Admin wrote:Well heck, i would have sent you a free coupon! Wink

Suspect you got my address.

i fell asleep on it LOL. maybe i will go back and watch it all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum