The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~

5 posters

Go down

Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~ Empty Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~

Post by LargeWingSpan Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 pm

This morning on my way to school, the morning radio show played. They talked extensively about a very disturbing incident in NE Atlanta, involving 'Murphy', a black and brown Shepard found in a public park named "Murphy Candler Park" severly injured from being beaten with a sledgehammer.

Being an animal lover, this one hurt to hear. Ill never understand how a human can be so mean to an animal. The man who found Murphy brought him to a local animal hospital and assumed all responsibility for the care of this dog. As of this morning a suspect wasnt publicly known, but they begged for anyone with information to speak with police.

The radio show spoke with the lead Vet at the animal hospital where Murphy now is, and the Vet expained they named the dog Murphy because of where he was found, with no collar or micro chip. When Murphy was brought in he did not have a registerable body temperature, which the vet said probably saved his life. Murphy was still in critical condition however they were able to raise his body temp to a normal level. Murphy was scheduled to go into surgery late this morning to remove his eye, which was too badly damaged to save. The Vet is unsure of Murphy's prognosses at this point.

Before composing this post I checked the newspaper site and a 48 yr old man has now been charged with a felony of animal cruelty, in the beating of Murphy.

I lift Prayer that Murphy is brought peace, healing and comfort and that he may be able to give his unconditional love to another human mate. If our Creator brings Murphy home again, I pray that he is alleviated of any suffering. I lift gratitude for the man who so selflessly took upon himself the responsibility for the care of Murphy, and for the Veterinary staff caring for Murphy. I pray that Justice is won for this tradegy and the person responsible is held accountable under the law.

LargeWingSpan

Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~ Empty Re: Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~

Post by d-knots Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Blessed be Murphy
and Justice served....
amen. Heart 2
d-knots
d-knots

Joined date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~ Empty Re: Prayers for Murphy ~*Disturbing Content Warning*~

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:19 pm

man...i hate dogs and I wouldn't even do that!!!!!
poor murphy.
YAY for his guardian angel Angel 2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:14 am

whoa!! He the animal hater will get what he deserves. As you know there used to be no laws for folks who deliberately were cruel to animals.... I remember once in CA even a nun got convicted of it for being cruel to a cat so times have changed for the better. People however have not.
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Murphy's update:

Fox Atlanta News wrote:
DUNWOODY, Ga. (AP) -- A veterinarian says the dog found bludgeoned with a sledgehammer in a DeKalb county park can stand and walk around.

Murphy, a 9-year-old German shepherd mix, was found in shock with a severe head wound Tuesday morning in Murphy Candler Park. A bloody sledgehammer was found near the dog.

Police on Wednesday charged 48-year-old Joseph Waters with one count of felony animal cruelty. No motive has been given.

Stephen Pope of Dunwoody Pets are People Too, where Murphy is being treated, said the dog has made good progress.

Robert Kennedy, who found Murphy while walking his own dogs, plans to keep Murphy and is paying the medical bills. Pope said a trust fund has also been set up at Wachovia bank to halp with the cost.

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:42 pm

ok.....
i hope people don't take this the wrong way.
it's just i read/ hear so much about cruelty and abuse towards CHILDREN
as well as hunger, lack of health ins, basic necessities....
but trust funds can be set up for DOGS! Shocked Sad
ok i think i better silent

i think who ever did this was on drugs btw...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:03 pm

You do have a point PSI, Yes more awareness for Children should really be there, including ways to help them.

Whatever was wrong with the dude who did this, I really hope they throw the book at him. No animal deserves that. There are rescue groups, shelters, etc to take animals if you just dont want them anymore. Around the whole metro ATL area, people are constantly abandoning animals, even more in these harsh economic times. Its sad. When a pet joins my family, it stays for life. I refuse to get rid of an animal under any circumstance. My dogs are my "Fur Children".

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:41 pm

The guy is a pshyco.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:38 am

I agree with you both. I love animals and I would take a animal in and get help for it as well.
I say all the time that we need to take the children off the streets and provide them with warmth, love, food & education, so that we can grow in america. My daughter came up with a good plan and she is trying to figure out how to get it to the right people. "she said she feels all the people on welfare or any goverenment moneys should have to do drug screening randomly. Through the whole coarse of receiving the moneys. " How many people that do not work and is on goverenment moneys are abusing drugs and what ever. I bet alot I know around here this is why there is so many homeless children. I know some that are prostuting out the children to get drug moneys. Using their food cards to get moneys for drugs. It could be stopped iF they would have to take a drug test. Do not give them a date just show up. And the people that is on disablities that can not work the same for them. I know someone that says they are on disability and can not work, well she baby sits and makes under the table moneys. (I dont know them but know of them). I also know of people that is getting tax payers help with food cards and they are bringing in 1000 per month babysitting under the table. the tax payers are paying for it. I am off the track sort of...I am saying GOD BLESS MURPHY , GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN AND GOD BLESS US TAX PAYERS.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down