The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mccain's V.P pick.

+3
Admin
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
in2wish4everpeace
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mccain's V.P pick. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccain's V.P pick.

Post by Love2Smile Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm

I Don't Get It

Why would someone want to move us backwards?

BIG HUGS!!!

Stacy
Love2Smile
Love2Smile

Capricorn Cat
Joined date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Obama said that you can even put lip stick on a "pig" meaning you still have a pig. That wasnt nice! I didnt like that at all! A mark on the neg. side for him! on my pro and con chart.
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 pm

well, in fairness to Obama, he ISN'T the first one to use that phrase.
McCain said it not too long ago when Hillary was still in the race. and he said it (McCain) over a yr half ago.
just now people take notice of it.

i might have a diff. word for someone who thinks that rape victims should pay for the rape test kit and that all homosexuals need "reassignment" or whatever the hell they call it.

oh if i hear one more time the word MAVERICK i'm gonna affraid Beating A Dead Horse Beating A Dead Horse
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 pm

samijo wrote:Obama said that you can even put lip stick on a "pig" meaning you still have a pig. That wasnt nice! I didnt like that at all! A mark on the neg. side for him! on my pro and con chart.

Now i got to open my big ol grumpy mouth again.

To me, what Obama said wasnt too bad, in fact, it was being rather nice!

There are only so many ways you can say "Wolf in sheep's clothing".

Is what Palin is, she sounds all innocent, she proclaims herself to be a "Hockey Mom".

Yet, she is not really for much of women's rights at all.

Im just begging everyone to just do their research, this election is a big deal, find out what Palin is really about, and focus on the actual issues.... Or else we will end up with a few charming faces in the white house,,, but alot of the American people screaming! How could this happen! When abortion is outlawed, or that we just get another female version of Yikes!!! G W Bush!
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeWingSpan Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:21 pm

At first I took offense to this "Pig & Lipstick" comment by Obama, until he attempted to explain it a bit on Letterman last night.

He said something on the order of (Nowhere near a direct quote BTW)

"The Lipstick symbolizes Sarah Palin, and the Pig symbolizes the failed politics of McCain, and no matter what face or lipstick you place to cover up the politics of John McCain, they are still there."

Im sure you see where the rest of that would go.

Like I have said before, I am normally on the Republican side of things. HOWEVER this time around, I must say that im second guessing that. Hearing news of Ms. Palins church association and what they are known to stand for, I must say I have hard time stomaching that. I agree with what was said on here about how this could represent a harsh blow to ALL women have accomplished and now stand for. IMO, with this being said, I stand by Obamas statement.

LargeWingSpan

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Ya, he explained a bit more of that comment on Letterman, i was wrong in that i thought, or assumed it was directed to Palin, but it was actually towards McCains's .
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:11 pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA Director
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:51 am

alrighty then! a woman VP is not worth going backwards for I hearing you all say that. This race will be momentous in that this will be the first of any minority meaning not White Male in either president or VP spot and the folks had better do their homework to iee which set of minority you want us to live with for the next 4 years. Women's rights to vote etc' was taken and slavery approved on the declaration of independence and then the states individually began to make laws similar to the one's outlawing gay marriage of the last few years. which is why the women's struggle and the African American plight are so closely l;inked. This vote will put one above the other and decide probably if there is progress on either front. Ms Palin is not looking to keep women moving forward or African Americans or much from what I see of her. McCain is looking more like what you all said you didn't want, the terrible mess we are already in and have been for 8 years. If you get more of the same Supreme Court picks like we just have had the country will go backwards so you might want to look at this VERY closely. The president will pick that and both McCain and Palin are of one mind on that front. She really is for Oil companies and so is he. God Bless America is not what we have to offer. God has blessed each one of us with ability to discern right from wrong, hot from cold and to know better than to make life worse for our fellow humans here.
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:56 am

women's rights to vote and other things were taken away and slavery was approved of making a whole section of people vulnerable for many many decades name African American's. No one here wants the rich to get more tax breaks as it means we will be broken before too long.
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com
jaclarkjr56@yahoo.com

Pisces Monkey
Joined date : 2008-02-28

http://www.freewebs.com/reiki-master/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2