The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The SBNS Online Forum
Please log in or register.

If you do not receive your confirmation email or have difficulty registering/with the forum, please use the contact button at the bottom.
The SBNS Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG fireworks!!!

5 posters

Go down

OMG fireworks!!! Empty OMG fireworks!!!

Post by samijo Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Ok! I am draging out that box again...here I go getting on it!
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!
POP POP POP! The fireworks are popping all around me! I know that the gas is $4.00 per gal, the milk, bread, eggs and for heaven sakes..two bags of food will cost $100 dollars not to mention that I filled up a 13 gal. tank that was 3/4 empty that cost me $45 dollars...wow the heck has money to blow up.
COME ON NOW WHERE IS THE LOGIC!
I know that we have to have fun, but fun to me anymore is just playing games, going for a swim, or having a meal with the family. I can not see people burning up moneys that they need gas and etc...The same people out there burning their moneys up with fireworks will be bitchin that they dont have any money to buy gas and food next week, AM I WRONG???? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE! OK I am finished now. OMG fireworks!!! 597882 Director Beating A Dead Horse Hell No! I Don't Get It
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon
Joined date : 2008-02-19

http://www.psychicreadingsbysami.com

Back to top Go down

OMG fireworks!!! Empty Re: OMG fireworks!!!

Post by Devon Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 pm

I get ya! I think the same thing, we need to be going to the fire works displays and just watch not laying down the 100's of dollers on fireworks.

we stoped buying them 3 years ago and have saved a ton of money by just watching the displays.
(you might as well take a 20 doller bill and light it on fire) bom

americans need to wake up! scratch
Devon
Devon

Aquarius Tiger
Joined date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by nwpisces Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:02 pm

To be honest I can't even remember the last time I bought fireworks. We live on an island that has perfect viewing of a great show. I admit I have bought a dollar box of sparklers for the kids but that is about it. I hve not seen the logic in purchasing fireworks for years.
nwpisces
nwpisces

Pisces Pig
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:08 pm

My family now as well as growing up wasn't much for buying fireworks.
Certainly this year I didn't buy any, not even any sparklers Sad but ya know, my kids didn't even complain about not having any.

here's a thought though, the guy selling the fireworks is doing it just to try to buy gas, food etc. too. Wink it would be interesting to know if there were any decreased sales this yr.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:10 pm

okay...so i'm gonna say it...you know me...i can't help it

"Fireworks are like having sex with a really inexperienced person: The anticipation lasts forever, it's somewhat nice during, and it's always over too soon!"

There... Giggle

As far as wasting money on them...it kills me that people are running around and screaming in the streets that "This country's in a reccession!" and yet, we have enough to be buying...

-SUVs with all the bells and whistles, GPS, TV and DVD in the back for the kids, OnStar, MP3 plug-ins, BOZE Surround Sound System, and limited warranty coverage which all comes to about $55,000.00. But...
Then they bitch and complain that gas is $4.00 a gallon! Duh!

-Blu-Ray DVD Players because we have to watch movies in the best picture capabilities available! But wait!!! Then you have to buy an HDTV, which the cheapest usually run about $1,200.00 and not too mention all the wires and cables so that you get that crystal-clear picture that everyone is dying to have! So tack on another $120.00. But...Then they gripe and complain that Blu-Ray rentals are $5.99! Really? After everything they just spent to watch the movie, they expect it to be free?!?! scratch

-IPods because the kids have to have their music available to them at all times, and those cost about $100.00, because we want the best for our kids. And since they don't listen to their parents anyway, anymore, why not give them at least some kind of excuse...because this way, when their parents are talking to them, the kids can at least pop the earbud out, and say [in unison] "huh?" Giggle

-Cellphones because it's obviously some kind of new law that even 6 year olds are to be given a cell phone. So when you add up all the phones and the plan...roughly around $450.00. And I know that parents are saying, "well I want my child to be able to reach me, if some thing should happen to them!" Which is a great idea, but if you're giving your child a cell phone to reach you in case of an emergency, I think that the better thing to give them is SOMEONE TO WATCH THEM!!! affraid

So....yeah...we're in a recession all right....but it's not with money. It's with common sense, logic, and MONEY MANAGEMENT!!!

There...that's my Two Cents
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Life Themes : No Idea...!
Libra Dog
Joined date : 2008-02-18

https://sbns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by in2wish4everpeace Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I guess people like fireworks to spend the holiday tradition with family, people always use those illegal skyrockets type fireworks around my house, i enjoy watching them though.
in2wish4everpeace
in2wish4everpeace

Aquarius Goat
Joined date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 pm

OMG! It was on the news and on the radio and everywhere that you look that fireworks are illegal to fire them in my area.
They are not illegal to sell just burning them. Well, when I mowed the lawn the day after, I had to go around and pick up the exploded reminance of them in my yard, my yard boarders like 10 houses. since we have a lot of land every one shot them into our yard. Illegal if you get caught! YEAH RIGHT!
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by samijo Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:38 am

I guess it is like "BARS" they have big ole parking lots! why cause it is illegal to drink and drive... scratch
samijo
samijo

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum